Monday, June 2, 2008

Piano Recital

Saturday we had our piano recital. The girls did great even though they were nervous. Mattison played Sonata Pathetique by Beethoven. She told me I was not allowed to put her playing the song on the blog. Since Mattison didn't want hers posted neither did Isabel.Isabel played Ode to Joy by Beethoven. She has only been taking since October and did a good job even though she had to stop a start a few times to remember her song. She had it down at home, but got a little nervous. I don't have a picture of Isabel,only the video. Now if there are any of you out there who want to see the videos (Grandparents I am talking to you) I can send you copies for a pretty good deal. Or perhaps the girls can be bribed. They like money and also Webkinz. The girls piano teacher is moving so I am currently looking for a new teacher. There is only one other person in the ward teaching and I heard she is full--and also crazy. That's what my girls tell me anyway.

10 comments:

Meli said...

Who is the crazy teacher?? Your girls did great--grandparents you should totally pay up to view the awesome videos!!

Cardalls said...

They both did great! I want to know who the crazy teacher is too!

Broderick Clan said...

It sounds like the recital went well. I'm sorry we missed it.We will have to do a mini something. Thanks for being a great piano teacher! I will keep my ears out for a new teacher for your girls!

Herrington's said...

I've heard Isabel playing her piece at Mom's house, I've never heard Mattison. I remember getting nervous and having to stop and think about my pieces at recitals too.

Jesus said...

My kids play better than your kids!J

Anne and Wayne said...

Keep your girls practicing. I know how to buy Webkins and/or bring monty. Those piano pieces are something I want to hear!

QnA Drapers said...

Hey we want to see the video too! Maybe it will motivate makayla to keep practicing!

mccall... said...

I want to know who the crazy teacher is!

Kristen said...

Well, the only other teacher in the ward lives with my girls and makes them practice everyday and it's not Matt and yes I am crazy.

Kristen said...

I'm so proud of you, Mattison and Isabel. Keep playing strong! Con amor, Tu papa