Friday, February 29, 2008

Flashback Friday

Okay, so I still have yet to scan some photos for flashback Friday. This is why I haven't done any for awhile, but I did find this to take a picture of and post for today. This is of course circa 1977 I am guessing--maybe later. This is my favorite older brother Donovan and me. Let me tell you the reasons why he is great. First of all he had cute friends growing up. I mean really cute. It was great in high school because his friends would say hi just because I was sister. It was so impressive to my friends. Then of course his teachers and coaches loved him. If I was in a class with a teacher that knew him I was usually liked by the teacher as well. He took me to my first KISS concert, although he was in the mosh pit and my mom made me be in the stands. He coached Matt in football and wrestling, so then Matt knew who I was. He and Matt get along great too. They can talk about their physical therapy and blah blah blah that we don't want to hear and they like it. He married an awesome girl--who I talk to almost everyday even though she lives on the other side of the country. He is crazy and loud and when we get together at the dinner table we can laugh and laugh about tons of stuff. I wish he lived closer so we could get together more often. I am trying to talk him into moving back out here when he is done in Florida. Come on back Donovan!

9 comments:

QnA Drapers said...

That picture of you is so adorable! Your brother sounds so fun- what is the deal with fam not living close to each other? There should be some law against that.

Herrington's said...

That is my favorite picture of you two. Donovan is truly the BEST (older) brother in the world. He deserves a medal or ribbon or something. He has always made my laugh. He took me to my first, and only, KISS concert too. What a cool brother! Janae is awesome too. What a fun family. I can't wait to live closer to them. I am so excited to go see them next year in Florida for the big family trip to Disney World!

Anne and Wayne said...

Okay, here's a comment on your blog. I think you and Donovan should have another picture taken together and then we could put them side by side and compare. Hmmmm. That ought to be fun.

Rachael said...

I can totally see you in this picture!
How fun to have an older brother. I only have 3 older sisters...I basically was their slave!

Cardalls said...

Hello ISABEL! She totally looks just like you I think!

Catherine said...

Weren't Donavan and my brother, Randy, always getting into trouble together when they were younger? Brothers are so great! Kristen, you were a darling little girl, and I also think Isabel looks a lot like you did back then. Keep the Flashback Fridays's coming...they're so fun to read about!

randi said...

Ok, that's such a cute picture! When I first started reading it, you know how your eyes skim...well I saw brother and KISS...so I had to read closer and realized you were talking about a concert!

The Bischoff's said...

I love that picture! I love the flashback friday idea! I might have to try it!

Meli said...

Oh wow---Isabel for sure. I wish I had a fun older bro like that--my brother is better than yours.