Saturday, December 20, 2008

Overwhelmed...


Self portrait in early Novemeber...I couldn't even smile back then...I can now...most days

I am so overwhelmed...I need to express to my friends and family how much I love and appreciate all of you. I've never been one who likes to ask for help. I have never been one who wants service or accepts it. I am one who likes to be independent and strong. It's just the way I am. However in these last few months I have found that I couldn't do it alone. I needed help. I have received that help in so many ways. I have felt your prayers...it is what has helped me get out of bed in the morning. It is how I have been able to function in the middle of the day when I didn't think I could go on. I have been the recipient of so much service. Daily phone calls, notes and cards, emails, unexpected dinners, plates of goodies, car pools and babysitting for the kids are just some of the things I needed. I have felt the tender mercies of the Lord and I know that he personally knows me by sending family, friends and even long lost friends that I haven't talked to in years to find me and serve me. I am truly humbled. You have strenthened me. You have lifted me up when I couldn't do it myself. I will forever be thankful for having you in my life. I am a better person because of you.

24 comments:

The Ririe's said...

Our prayers will continue to be with you and your family....if there is anymore we can do, please let us know.

Grandma Grace said...

We love you Kristen and know that you will come out of this all right. Rely on us all.
GG

The Bischoff's said...

You are amazingly strong and will pull through this! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Cardalls said...

We love you and will miss you terribly because you have blessed our lives in so many ways!

LyndiLou said...

We're right here for you! :) I'll try not to wait till you ask to help out, but know that you always can!

QnA Drapers said...

You are amazing- that just brought tears to my eyes. I have always been amazed by your strentgh. I only with I could be there to help more. You are in my prayers!!!

Herrington's said...

I love you!

Catherine said...

We've been praying for you. We love you!

Rachael said...

You will definitely be missed! I am glad that you have found your smile again! You are a beautiful person inside and out and I wish you many happy adventures in the years to come...you deserve it!

mccall... said...

:)

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Kristen,

We are so glad you are surrounded by such good people who have done so much for you and your girls when we are physically so far away. We will continue to pray for you and are looking forward to seeing you soon!

P.S. If there are any leftovers from those unexpected dinners or some of those goodies still around, we can help you finish them off.

The Bechtol Family said...

hey kristen...i was sad to hear you were released from your church calling today. i just feel really bad that i didn't have my own life in order to know the needs of someone very special like you who was needing the extra support the last few months. i have thought about you alot lately and wish the best for you and those sweet girls of yours!! i LOVED this post. i haven't stopped crying.

Julie said...

Kristen, thanks for sharing that with all of us who have been worrying and praying for you. I hope that you continue to feel loved and taken care of no matter where you are! I'm sorry that you will miss your friends, but those of us from up north are excited to have you around.

Kathy Faulkner said...

Kristen, We are missing you so much! Gracie has written Isabelle and Mattison about 4 letters each since you left. And that night you left our house, Gracie cried and cried for about 2 hours. Ashlyn misses your girls too, she's just more like her Dad in that she isn't quite that emotional :)!!
I hope you guys are getting settled and that you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Stacey said...

hang in there. we love you.

Broderick Clan said...

Thank you for your friendship! We will miss you! We are constantly praying for you and your family!

Jen said...

A pretty face like that deserves to smile from now on!

Christy said...

We love you Kristen! Hang in there!

tavia said...

Ok so What can I do for you now?

nena said...

Hang in there! Thanks for being such a great friend when I needed it, you are amazing!

Lindsay said...

Kristen, I will miss talking to you at play group and seeing you behind the piano in Relief Society! :) You and your cute family are in my thoughts and prayers too!

tavia said...

ok so after reading your blog and having time to think about it and its ok to tell me its none of my bisness but I am at a loss on what you are talking about has soms thing happened I dont know??? i am sorry to pry but I really have no clue?!?!

The Evans' said...

Kristen- I have heard a little about whats going on with you. I would love to talk. If anyone can get through hot lava its you!

summer said...

I just emailed today and hadn't looked at blogs for a couple of weeks! Looks like christmas was good (for the kids). Hope to hear from you anyway. All I can say is you are stronger than you think and I love you to pieces. I hope to see you soon.