Monday, October 27, 2008

A new post

I got tired of pulling up my blog and seeing the "bumpkin"(good word Makayla) picture so I decided to make a new post. Unfortunately I haven't taken any picutures of the kids lately so I decided to post our pumpkins from last year. I think we are going to carve some either tonight or tomorrow.
Other events of the weekend: Isabel had a crazy soccer game. The ref was terrible, the coach couldn't stand the ref because the ref wouldn't make any calls for us. There was an awful kid on the other team who was pushing and shoving and kicking. Isabel got kicked in the gut! But, she did great and almost scored several times. Just a little off of the goal.

The weather is great. The kids have been playing outside riding bikes and such with the neighbors. They were outside the majority of Saturday. After long hot summers we really appreciate Fall.

I am on the hunt for shoes that Meg likes and that will fit her chubby little feet. She has some ratty old crocs that apparently are so comfortable she just can't give them up. I inherited some really cute shoes from some friends, but now that they finally fit in the length, the just squeeze out of the sides and top. Yesterday she wore a cute pair to church and half way through sacrament meeting took them off because they hurt. I could see the lines of the shoes on her feet. On her way to nursery she wanted to put them on, but when we did she just said "ouch those hurt" So she was one of "those" kids running around at church without shoes. I have bought her another pair of crocs, but they just don't fit the same as her others. Apparently they are too big. (I did go up a size considering the last pair are just about too small) Besides, I don't know how keen I am on crocs to church. So the search for a pair of shoes continues. I am afraid I may have to hit the Stride Rite outlet mall.

Since I have talked about Izzy and Meg I guess I should say Mattison is doing great. Nothing to adventuresome for her this past weekend other than she is just growing up way too fast.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Eli is ALWAYS the kid without shoes on at church!
I really wish Alexis liked Soccer. I miss it!

The Ririe's said...

My sister has to get Vans for my nephew and that is the only thing that will fit the shape of his feet. I am not sure what they would have for girls though, especially dress shoes but it wouldn't hurt to check out their website. Oh and I totally hate bad refs!!!

Herrington's said...

Ethan's church shoes were buggin' him in nursery. His teachers were putting his shoes back on him when I went to pick him up. They said he kept complaining that his feet hurt and was trying to pull them off so they took them off him. I'm heading to Target or WalMart to get him a new pair either later today or tomorrow. Why do kids grow so fast anyway?

Cardalls said...

Darling photo of your girls! I love it.

Herrington's said...

I love the new picture of the girls. So cute.

QnA Drapers said...

We came up with another name for your last post- "the crack- o-lantern". (My kids were a little obsessed with that picture- Makayla took a picture of it on my old phone and even showed the missionaries at dinner tonight). Love the new pic of the girls- good luck finding shoes. Sorry about the soccer game- did you storm the field? Come on soccer mom! Maybe you schould write the city of NLV!

Catherine said...

I agree with Karen...the new pic of your girls is darling, and you look great in your About Me pic. What a hottie! I've been thinking about you lately. I hope you guys are doing okay. Love ya!