Monday, August 4, 2008

The Farm

We had the bi-annual Rulon Callister Reunion this year back at my Grandpa's Farm. It is literally in the middle of nowhere--Howe, Idaho. I mean the school is a 2 room schoolhouse and there is one little gas station/convience store there. My kids love going there are playing on the farm and seeing all the animals, so the dust and wind was well worth the trip. Here are some of the highlights.

The farm owns an old school bus so we all got in and went up the mountain to go on a hike/picnic. The roads we went on were bumpy and all dirt and I wasn't sure if the bus would even make it up the mountain, but it did. It was Meg's firtst time on a bus and she loved it and sang "The wheels on the Bus" all the way there.
Here are some of us hiking. Of course Meg got a ride.
Mattison gets her love of hiking from me. Can you tell how much she loves it?
We had little programs at night on the lawn. Meg and Ethan were out laying in the grass during the the program.
We had pinatas that my cousin Carolyn made. We used to do those at Thanksgiving time when I was little. It's a family tradition.

The kids all got to adpot a calf while they were there. They were able to help feeding the calves too.

My aunt brought her dog Beau who the kids loved. It only has 3 legs because it lost one in a tragic accident.

We loved going there and spending time with family. It was great to go 4 wheeling and get completely dusty. It was great to see Grandpa and see the Dairy Farm again. Thanks for the Farm!

8 comments:

Cardalls said...

Looks like a fun time!

Rachael said...

Poor little dog! I would love to sit down and make a pinata! That would be fun!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Looks like Mateo's poto could use some extra working out! j/k :p

Julie said...

We missed you guys and are glad you had fun! Thanks for posting pictures so we could see.

Anne and Wayne said...

What a fun time--glad I was there to share it!

Broderick Clan said...

I so glad your Vegas kids get to experience some of the farm'in life. Looks like fun!

The Bechtol Family said...

sounds like you had a GREAT trip!! it's fun to get out!! We LOVE going ridin on our quads!!

VegasWatkins said...

Okay in elementary school my job after coming home from school was feeding all the calves. That totally brought back memories. So fun until you have to do it everyday.