Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hooray!

School is finally out and we got track 5. For those of you not on year-round school that is the track most people want. It is like winning the lottery. I get so nervous when I am opening the letter telling me what they got and then it's high fives all around.

We also got to go swimming with a bunch of friends from the school. I took some cupcakes and handed them out because it's Isabel's birthday tomorrow. We went out to eat tonight since we won't be around tomorrow night. Isabel picked the spot--McDonald's. Can't complain that she is still picking the cheap restaurants.

Today Meg wanted me to put on a movie for her. She said "please mom. I'll give you 2 dollars". She doesn't have any money and 2 dollars isn't enough!

11 comments:

randi said...

Yipppeee!!! Play time for youo guys! Drive safe to Utah! Did you ever see the movie with John Cusack where the paper boy hunts him down saying "I want my 2 dollars" that's what your post reminded me of!!!

The Bischoff's said...

Oh I remember the days praying for track 5!! Now you can have somewhat of a normal school year! YAY

Cardalls said...

5 rules!

Catherine said...

Your 3 year-old bribed you? Are you kidding me? What a smart girl! Go Meg! Tell her to bring her money to the family reunion and she can bribe me all she wants... hehe I'll let her watch a movie for 2 bucks!

Austin & Ruthanne said...

Congrats on getting Track 5!

Stacey said...

congrats on the track you wanted! I got so sick of the track system that I actually pulled my kids out of our neighborhood school and they are going to a charter school this coming year. I am so excited to be on a normal schedule with the summers free! yeah!

VegasWatkins said...

I am so jealous I wish we knew what we had!

Catherine said...

Oh yeah, also I wanted to tell you that I love your new background! Where did you find it?

Meli said...

Cute Meg--wonder where the 2 dollars idea came from??? GO TRACK 5!!!

Cannata Clan said...

We got track five too! Finally we are off this stinky Track 2, especially with Zac entering Middle School.

Rachael said...

Yeah for Track 5! Did you guys get good teachers next year?