Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flashback Friday--Clothing in the early '90's

While I was up in Utah this past weekend my sister-in-law looked at some of my old dance pictures and said I had to post them. She was laughing at my guess jeans. I mean, I know she had some too. So here are some pictures of me in my best outfits, because that is what you wear to dances you know.



Here is my very first date--1990. I wore my Ralph Lauren Polo shirt with black Guess jeans with zippers at the ankles. Notice the socks matching the shirt and the shoes matching the jeans. My friend Emily was also sporting the Guess jeans as well.



Here is a picture where my socks are coordinating with my shirt--arygyle socks no less. Notice the pegged pant legs and suede penny loafter--so hot.



Okay, this guy was a freak so I cut him out of the picutre. More Guess jeans and I am wearing my Gap shirt with matching socks. When you would buy a shirt at the Gap back then they would have a wall behind the counter with socks that matched and always ask you if you wanted the socks too. Of course, wanting to be in style, I purchased the socks. I am also wearing my Esprit shoes, which I loved.



And this outfit is super rad. It was the jailhouse look of all stripes--from the Gap in my defense though--again with the Esprit shoes. At least I was not wearing floral cutains as clothes. No offense to those in the picture who are, it was the 90's.






Maybe one day I will thrill you with the "semi-formal" dance pictures and you will be in awe of the beautiful dresses that were worn then--go Jessica McClintock. (google that you youngsters.)



Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I loved my guess jeans. I had almost every color made. I can't believe I used to spend $50 on a pair of pants. Now I spend money on my kids and I buy the $15-$20 pants at Costco or Sams.

Cardalls said...

Nice tapered jeans! I guess we could get away with it when we were young and skinny! Nice photos and permed hair!

Kristen said...

You think we aren't young and skinny anymore? I am shocked!!

Herrington's said...

I loved those Esprit shoes too.

QnA Drapers said...

What? I don't see much difference between then and now? Whats so funny? I still have some of those clothes in my closet!
Love the new blog paper- looks cute!

The Bischoff's said...

I LOVE it! Those are great! I need to pull mine out and get a good laugh!!

Meli said...

So fun pictures!!! I usually had to wear two pairs of socks if I rolled my pants because I am so tall---I know, shocker!!!

Kristen said...

I can't believe you cut me out of the picture! I'm not that freaky. Am I?

camran said...

LOVE the pic of you and Em with Thayne and Steve. Have you seen Steve lately? HOTTIE! And who was the freak? You can tell me, I can keep a secret! ;) Was the floral curtain reference to Em or me? FYI - Jon gave me those shorts for my bday, and no I did not really like them but I really liked him ;) And I hated wearing glasses in HS, dang those lights shining off the lenses, I always end up looking like a dork! I love, love, love when you post these pics, I look forward to it all week. I need to pull some of mine out but I am way to lazy!

mccall... said...

perfect!

Kristen said...

The freak was some guy from AF and I guess the floral reference was to you and Em because you are both wearing it. But, remember what I am wearing and the perm? No room for me to judge.

Megan said...

I love how you cut that guy out of your picture. I've done that to a few pics too! I LOVE the clothes. It was a good decade!

Cannata Clan said...

You definitely need to rock that perm again.

Anne and Wayne said...

I had to laugh when you said "you" purchased the socks to go with your shirts. Ha ha. We both know who it was who really purchased them. I have always been a soft touch for my kids, haven't I?