Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heritage Park--This is the Place Monument

Last Summer we tried to go to Heritage Park and got there a little too late to see anything. This year we went and had a great time despite the heat. If you haven't ever been you should go. It is a little pioneer village that has demonstrations like watering the garden and washing clothes like the pioneers did. There is a train ride and petting zoo and pony rides.

Here are Mattison and Meg and Ethan checking out the peacock.

The kids doing something to the wool before it is spun into yarn. Meg on a horse. Seriously don't mind her shoe and sock choice. First of all she always has to wear a dress, but I told her she had to wear tennins shoes since her high heel shoes would get dirty. She put on some tennis shoes and tried dancing in them and said "Princess can't dance in these." She wore them with her princess socks and after awhile they shoes were hurting her heels. Luckily (planned in case of a situation like this) I had her crocs there. So here so is with her princess socks and crocs riding a horse.
The kids petting the goats. They loved the petting zoo part of the park.
Mattison on a horse. Isabel did not want to do it.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Alexis was a totally dress girl and I told her when she went to kindergarten that they don't allow dresses. Why I cared so much I have no idea!

Broderick Clan said...

I didn't know there was so much to do at the park. We will have to go next time we are in Utah. I love the picture of Meg on a horse!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I haven't heard of something so silly as princess socks with crocs since I ate green eggs and ham in a box with a fox, Sam I am! Did I just commit copyright infringement?? This is Janae typing by the way (just in case).