Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunbeams

Today my baby joined the ranks of the "big kids" in primary. I tried to get a picture of her with her new primary teacher, but she just wouldn't do it. She kept running down the hall the other way. Lucky for me I know her teacher well...because it's me. That's right, Sunbeam teacher. I'm really not complaining because anyone who knows me knows that I am usually wandering the halls looking for a place in primary I can substitute so I don't have to go to the dreaded Gospel Doctrine class. Obviously the Bishop here did not get the memo that I wanted the primary pianist calling (the best calling in the world) so I will have to just learn to love being with those little 3 year olds.

Mattison and Isabel seemed to enjoy thier new primary teachers this year. Now it's on to the schools to get the girls enrolled. We are hoping that they have more recess time!

11 comments:

Jen said...

I am so glad they released me from Primary pianist before Zack became a sunbeam! Marcia and I both had boys coming into "sunbeamhood" for 2009. She was the Primary chorister. Our kids would have never let us do our callings!

Well I wish you luck with getting her to go to Sunbeams. :o)

Cardalls said...

Have fun with the Sunbeams! They really are cute...Meggy will probalby love having you in there with her!

The Bechtol Family said...

congrats on the new calling!! good luck to you and the girls at their new school!! you will be truly missed at hayden!! you did so much for the school kristen!! thanks for making my kids early school years memorable with all the great activies you helped plan with the PTO!! good luck in sunbeams. you will be a great teacher to those sweet kids!!

Cannata Clan said...

We really missed the girls yesterday, especially Meggie Boo! Garrett and Sarah were all alone in their class, Meg was supposed to be with them. Sniff, sniff...

tavia said...

Wow sounds like your year is starting out great Im not to sure I would have the know how for the three year olds!! you Go girl

LyndiLou said...

nIIIce!!! Sunbeams, huh! You'll be great! We're all calling-less over here because the just dissolved our ward and made a LOT of changes. Sooo, we'll see what happens! My sister was the Primary Chorister and love, Love, LOVED it... sooo maybe word will get out! ;) Good luck with your class though... you will FOR SURE do great! :)

Oh... and can I get your e-mail! :) That way we could keep in touch a little better than blog hoping! ;)

Rachael said...

She is lucky she has you! We were out of town yesterday so I still get to see how Eli will react to Sunbeams next week...I am sure it will not go over well!

Catherine said...

Hooray for Primary! I think that rocks that you got that calling. Lucky for Meg, too! Emily was so scared to go to Sunbeams on Sunday, she almost peed her pants (dress). I hope our crazy 3 year-olds both do better this Sunday!

Lindsay said...

You will be a super fun sunbeam teacher I bet! That's so great you get to teach Meg, I bet she'll love that. I can't believe she's in primary already...
Oh, and I always wondered what you were doing out in the halls...avoiding Sunday school! I don't blame ya.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Jyllian will be able to go next week. I think she will do fine, but will mis the snacks.

The Ririe's said...

Sounds like you girls have been busy!!! I undestand being in the halls during Sunday school...what is it about Gospel Doctrine that forces people into the hallways? You will make a great Sunbeam teacher...good luck!