Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fun Stuff

Here's what's been happening (minus any pics...I haven't taken any lately). Mattison and Isabel started school. They have extended day here where some kids come to school at 8:00 and do reading and writing and then at 9:15 the other kids come and do all other subjects. The 8:00 group leaves at 2:15 and the others stay until 3:30 to do their reading and writing. Lucky for us the girls got that darn 8:00 schedule. I was pulling Mattison out of bed this morning to get them there by the 7:55 first bell. Not to mention the 8 inches of snow we have received in the last two days. It makes getting to and from school interesting.

Meg started her new preschool today. Her school is on the top of a steep hill and the teacher told me last week "in case of inclement weather go around another way". Well I thought I understood her directions and didn't, so Meg and I tried climbing that steep hill and couldn't make it. Luckily her teacher saw us and got in her 4 wheel drive and drove down the hill to pick Meg up. Meg said she had fun, but still misses Ms. Jackie.

I got pulled over by a cop the other day speeding down a hill. Luckily I turned on the tears and he let me off. I never thought I would do that...but it worked.

We are enjoying Utah so far though, but still freezing and doing a lot of snow removal.

9 comments:

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Hey Lead Foot Lott! It is good to see the Utah Law Enforcement is keeping an eye on you, but they gotta crack down on people like you. No more freebies!! I am gonna write a letter to the Police Chief of Orem and another to the editor of the Daily Herald. Next time you get pulled over, you will be lucky to get out of your blatant violation of the law without a thorough cavity search!

P.S. Sorry to hear about all the cold, snow, and work involved with the winter. 72 degrees here as I drove home today. Ahhhhhhh.

Cardalls said...

And boy did Garrett miss her today! I am glad you have such a nice teacher who will come pick her up in the big SUV! 8:00 school would stink! You deserve a break on the ticket!

Julie said...

Gavin's bus comes at 7AM each morning and school starts at 7:45! It's way too early. Snow is fun for the most part but w/out a snow blower, shoveling gets old really fast! I am glad that the girls like their school and teachers, I hope they adjust well. Best wishes!

Rachael said...

Tell Mattison that Alexis is out of the house at 7:35 for school everyday. Makes for an early morning! I remember being able to get up at 7:45 to get her to school...miss those days!

Catherine said...

I didn't realize you were still in Utah. I need to drive down and come see you guys. It's bad enough high school starts so early. I can't believe they have school at 8am for young girls like Isabel and Mattison! That would be tough. Good luck with it!

The Bischoff's said...

Im glad the girls are adjusting pretty good! I remember those days of school in Vegas that started later! We miss that! My kids have to be at the bus stop at 7:00- School starts at 7:45! It is rough! They'll get used to it though!

tavia said...

Oh yes it looks way to cold to much snow.sounds like the girls are having fun,but I do miss you I havent got to play date yet

QnA Drapers said...

Oh no, are you becomeing a Utah driver?! Im glad your kids are starting school- I know they will do great! Give them a hello from us!

Broderick Clan said...

I'm glad your kids are getting right into a routine.I think 8:00 sounds early though. I also can't believe all of the snow. I'm glad the tears worked on the cop. Utah cops are I think are nicer. We got pulled over during the holidays and the cop sent us off with a warning. I was so glad!