Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quick Trip to Utah

The girls and I decided to make a rush trip to Utah this week. The girls have been having a great time playing with cousins and helping Grandma can peaches. They helped grandma make some cookies too. The weather here is fabulous--just right. I wish my camera had batteries so I could take some pics.

The girls were also excited to stop at Matt's sisters house and see the brand new baby puppies. Of course they think they want one....I guess we will see. They also got to help Matt's dad cut down they huge tree in the front yard. Mostly they watched it come down and then picked up the branches. They also played at Nanna's house with cousin Jeffery and watched Matt's mom can homemade salsa. The girls love to be with Matt's family and especially the dogs.

It is always nice to see family. Of course the girls are so excited to get back to see thier dad and go to school--well, not the school part.

9 comments:

Kathy Faulkner said...

Oh how I love the weather in Utah this time of year!! I'm so jealous. I'll bet the mountains with the changing leaves are gorgeous too. I am ready for the heat to be over! Sounds like the girls are hving the time of their lives!

Catherine said...

Oh, I just loved helping my mom can peaches when I was a kid. When I called your mom the other day, I was suprised you were in town, but happy that you are getting a break!

Cardalls said...

Glad you will be back soon...we have missed you! I loved canning peaches with my Mom when I was young, but especially loved eating the peaches--YUM!

Broderick Clan said...

I miss and love this time of year in Utah! Glad your having a good trip. We will see you when you get back.

VegasWatkins said...

Aliza today on the way home said "what is up with Mattison she wasn't at school and she wasn't at church." Just wanted to let you know that you were missed. Wow Canning that is so HOT.

QnA Drapers said...

So- did you come home with a dog? Sounds like afun trip- Dylan got a letter off to Isabel, but Makayla is still slow. We miss you guys!

Anne and Wayne said...

Glad you made it home safely. We loved having you here, as always. Don't forget we love you!

LyndiLou said...

It's always fun to see you guys!!! :) I'm glad that you stopped by, since I wouldn't have known you were around otherwise!!! And any chance to prove to your kids that their Uncle Nate and Aunt Lyndi are a little crazy is always great! ;) I'm glad you made it home ok and I TOTALLY think you should get a puppy... then it won't be our turn yet! ;) heh.

tavia said...

Welcome home we missed you at church.and really you should get a dog:)