Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh Mandy!

My neighbor Ashlee scored some tickets to the one and only Barry Manilow. I have to admit that I LoVe him. Mabye it's because my mom used to have his records and my brother and I would jam out to him when we were little. Maybe it's because of his smooth voice or big nose. I don't know, but I was way excited. So here we are at the Las Vegas Hilton Manilow store checking out the merchandise before the show. Who wouldn't want a Barry pillowcase for only $14?

When we got into the theater we realized that we were probably the youngest there. That's not hard for Ashlee since she is in her early 20's, but me...I haven't been the youngest for awhile. So here we are trying to get a pic of the walkers, canes and scooters of the ladies behind us.
Here's another of our fellow Manilow loving fans.
And here is Barry in the yellow jacket singing the Copacabana. Needless to say, all those who were able to stand were standing during this song. Even the two older gentlemen next to us stood up for this one. The only disturbing part of the concert was the "pelvic thrust" done by Barry and the old ladies going crazy. A little PG-13 if you ask me. There was a lady there with a Barry tatoo also. All in all it was a Fabulous night and I really can't wait to go back again with some of my other Barry fans.
Here is a short "illegal" clip of Barry.

14 comments:

Cardalls said...

I am a bit green with envy--love that big nose! Pelvic thrust?? YUCK!:)

Catherine said...

Dirty old ladies! haha I bet it was crazy to be the youngest ones there. That's like when Wade and I went to the American Idol concert last year with all the screaming 13 year-olds. I thought we would be the oldest ones there, but I forgot how many parents take their teenagers to concerts like that. Some moms were screaming as loud as their daughters! Is that what it was like for you when you went to the Backstreet Boys concert?

Rachael said...

Oh Kristin you crack me up. Love that you got a bit of video. His voice hasn't changed at all since the last time I heard it in....what the 80's. I actually have NO idea when he was popular b/c we never listened to him. Glad you had fun with all the old folks!

Anne and Wayne said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I did, too, many years ago. At that time there was a rumor going around that Barry wore padding on his hind end so it would appear that he had one. How did he look now--or did you even notice that?

Julie said...

How Fun! I LOVED Barry when I was little I think I listened to "I can't smile without you," at least twenty times a day for a year on my parent’s record player. Then they got me the record, "Oh Julie." I was in heaven. :-)

lisa said...

You seriously are one of the funniest people I know. I love reading your blog! It makes me laugh! Good old Barry! I loved the Year Book yourself thing too! Funny!

mccall... said...

That sounds way fun, I too love Barry! Was it as fun, however; as Brittney? :)

Herrington's said...

I wanna go next time!

Meli said...

Love that you said it looked like the retirement center rolled in. Did your mom seriously ask if you checked out his "padded" hind end??

randi said...

I got chills watching the video! When are we going? Can you win us some tickets?

tavia said...

Rock and Roll.I bet the oldies where a crack up to watch the way you sound it was a fun time all in all.

The Evans' said...

Kristen- whats up girl!!! Can you believe i am blogging? I can't. I just figured out how to post a comment so i'm making progress!! This is my 2nd one. Im justing wondering why im not on your contact list!! ha ha.

LyndiLou said...

Oh Kristen!!! I was seriously LAUGHING my head off at the picture of all the people in their scooters. That is freaking hilarious!!! My brother had to check out why I was laughing sooo much! Classic! I'm glad you had sooo much fun!!! :)

*Lyndi*

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Wow, Kristen. I didn't know you and our little, um I mean "younger" brother, Bryan, used to jam out to the Manilow man. You must have done it while I was listening to some good 'ol Rock & Roll. :)

Looks like a convention on the benefits of Ensure supplement shakes with all of the elderly there at the concert. Did they give out any free samples at intermission? Of course, as you recall the KISS concert we went to a few years ago in Vegas had its fair share of geriatric fans as well (only they had clubs and bats instead of canes and walkers ad all of their scooters had spoilers and were low riders). I wonder how many people who attended your Barry Manilow concert had also been at that same KISS concert?? I am not a statistician (like EL Jefe), but I would guesstimate it must be somweheres around 86.7% of them. We better have Julie have Jef run the numbers to be sure!