Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happenings

As some of you know we went up to Utah after Christmas to get some work done on Matt's car. While we were there it was so cold. The girls had the chance to go to the zoo with Matt's parents and see some Christmas lights. They were freezing! I have some great pictures, but am having trouble posting those to the blog. On the drive back we made it to Mona before Matt's car starting having other problems and we had to be rescued by my dad. My parents let me bring back their car while Matt's car was getting fixed. That just tops of all the problems going on right now, but I really don't want to bring those to the World Wide Web. Anyways, thankfully my parents helped get Matt's car fixed and surprised us last night by bringing the car back down. It was fun to see them for a short while. Also, the girls started school again (so great after 6 weeks of break). Not that we don't miss them while they are gone, I can just go to the gym again and don't have to hear how it is so "boring" everyday. Can you believe after 3 days of school they had parent teacher conferences and the kids were out Thursday. Luckily the day was great (60 degrees) and we were at the park most of the day with our friends. On Friday we had some friends over after school to ride bikes and scooters in the cul-de-sac. It has been so great to be outside. For all of you who think Las Vegas is just too hot--this is why we like it. These winter months make up for the hot hot summers. Viva Las Vegas!


Go Cougars!!! Isabel loves this shirt she got for Christmas.
Mattison ,Isabel and their friends being crazy.


Meg and her buddies.

8 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

Kristen, Karin Hawkes told me about your blog and it has been fun reading about your family. Sorry we missed Bryan's wedding. I'm so glad you posted photos of it so we could see what a lovely event it was. Your daughters are beautiful. And one is a total clone of you at that age! Great blog.

Are you or any of your friends interested in helping make Get Out the Vote calls in Vegas anytime between Monday, Jan 14 and Saturday, Jan 19? If so, please contact Whitney Diver ASAP for details at whitney.diver@yahoo.com or 702-467-5916. They asked me to go down there but I can't. Thanks a million. -Jan

QnA Drapers said...

We miss vegas- it is in the 30's here. I had the kids bundle up and take their scooter around the block- two laps and they were inside frozen ;)

Cardalls said...

So your kids have such cute friends! Guess us beautiful people have to stick together!

randi said...

Good job on the music!!! I love it. You have to show me how to do that. I love you blog...in fact I think you are a closet scrapbooker because this is just like scrapbooking!

Rachael said...

During the summer I have to remind myself that it actually gets cold in the winter and vice versa. Getting up and walking at 6am will make you remember very quickly...it does get FREEZING here too! And today it is a cold day!

Herrington's said...

Looks like so much fun. I wish Ethan and I were there, too and out of the cold and snow.

Megan said...

Thanks for the indoor activity tips Kristen. We do have storytime at our library here, and we went this week and Whitney liked it a lot. She also got some PlayDough for Christmas, so we'll have to break that out tomorrow! I'll have to try the McDonalds playground, since it's indoors. Thanks again!!

The Bischoff's said...

Kristin- Im so glad you messaged me! I look for blogs too! :) We moved out to the Boston area the end of Oct. James finally got his big promotion! We weren't expecting going to the East Coast, but they gave us an offer we couldn't refuse so here we are!! We TOTALLY miss the Vegas weather! It is SOO cold here! The kids are having fun with the snow though. I'll add you to my blogging buddies so I can keep up on your blog!! It was great to hear from you!
Shannon