Friday, January 25, 2008

Flashback Friday

Some people I know have started to post things from the past on their blog. I decided to join the fun. I don't have a working scanner at home right now so today I will just post a story from the past.

When Matt and I first started dating I would go to his house and his family liked to play practical jokes. For instance, one date I went there and they put pretend doggy doo doo on the carpet and acted like they didn't notice it and then when I saw it the picked it up and threw it at me. Because Matt's family was always joking around I also thought his great grandma living in the back room was just pretend. Matt would always say "I have to go help Grandma." Because she never came out of the room and I never went back there I didn't believe there really was a Grandma back there. Finally after a few months I went back and really saw she was there. And speaking of Grandma Millie, Matt told me that late in the nights when he was sleeping he would hear her creeping to the bathroom with her walker. When he looked up there she was in the buff. What a sight to see I am sure. I bet he can't wait to see how great I'll look when I'm 90!


ps Janae told me that when Jared always used that as an excuse to miss practice no one believed him either.

3 comments:

Cardalls said...

That is funny about Grandma Millie! Matt is scarred for life I'll bet!

Rachael said...

My family is a practical joke family and I hate it. I hate to see jokes played on people and obviously don't like them played on me. I won't watch that show PUNK-ed on TV because it makes me uncomfortable.

Meli said...

That story about Grandma Millie cracked me up. I'm gonna do that when I am old and blame it on senility, but really I'll know exactly what I'm doing!! LOL