Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where have I been you ask?

First...I cannot find my cord to download pictures of the first day of school and visiting with the Faulkners and oh so much more. I am really bummed about that.

Second....Last year I was working as a teacher's aide at Lakeridge Jr. High school. About a week before school started they administration contacted me and asked me to long term sub for a teacher who is out for medical reasons. Now, she is actually a teacher whose contract is split between two schools, Lakeridge and Orem Jr. On A days she is at Orem and B days at Lakeridge. Really I almost started laughing when they asked me to do it because they are asking me to be a full time teacher at a little more than sub pay. So I asked lots of questions, talked to lots of people, contemplated and decided I was crazy enough to do it. So, last week I started in the schools setting up classrooms, getting around to all the paperwork (there is so much in special ed) and getting ready for school to start. The 7th graders came yesterday and now we are in full swing of school. I should be doing this at least until January so I'm hoping I don't go completely insane...I'm half way there already though!

5 comments:

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Did you look under your bed for the cord? (Ha, Ha) You'll do a great job with teaching. But, I don't like that I can't just pick up the phone and call.

Catherine said...

My cord was in the glove box of our car. What the heck? How did it get there? Your cord is probably in a similar random place, but I have faith you'll find it!

You are brave for taking the job, but also awesome. It's a unique person that has the patience to work with children with special needs. Way to go, Kristen!

Lindsay said...

good luck Kristen! I agree with your friend, it takes a special person to teach special ed., I bet you are so great at it!

Cardalls said...

I agree with Janae...not being able to pick up the phone and call stinks. So now she and I may be competing for phone time after school and on weekends. You will be GREAT and I hope it works into a real job with real pay for you!

tavia said...

Good luck!