Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Day of School

I'm getting old...I have a 5th grader and 3rd grader. When did they get so grown up? They used to look like this!
Posted by Picasa
A side note--
I did have a total working mom melt-down the other day. I completely freaked out at Isabel because she wasn't getting ready fast enough and was whining (I have no patience for that). I was trying to finish getting ready, pack lunches and make sure the girls were ready too. So I really lost it! However, I did redeem myself by taking the girls to an Owlz baseball game that night where we won a Wii! A freaking Wii!!!

11 comments:

Stacey said...

you are old

Herrington's said...

Whining kids drive me CRAZY!!!!!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

You'll have to watch for good deals on the games. Hope the girls have fun playing.

B Flat Major said...

When my kids whine at me, I whine back at them. They get the message pretty quick.

Stacey said...

you won a wii? how cool is that!?

Julie said...

Getting kids ready to go places is extremely stressful. I would really lose it if I had a job to be on time too as well. I salute you.
And congrats on the wii. How cool is that?

Catherine said...

I totally can relate. Even though I teach prechool in my home and don't have to go anywhere, I get so stressed on the days when my kids are particulary whiney and I have students coming any minute and we're still not ready for the day! Grrr! If the reason we were running late that morning is because we were playing the Wii till late the night before, then I wouldn't be so stressed. ;) Because the Wii rocks! And it rocks that you got one for FREE! Sweet!

tavia said...

Sweet a wii!and dont be to hard on your self I think we ALL have melt downs.

Cardalls said...

Wii's can make up for a boatload of meltdowns.

Rachael said...

Congrats on the Wii...very cool!!!
I can't stand the whining! Especially from a child old enough to know better!
I can't believe I have a 5th grader too! Crazy!!!

Catherine said...

Dang it. I came to visit your blog again and it reminded me of the donut breakfast your girls had last year. So now, I'm craving donuts!