Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is it bad...

Some good times with Vegas friends


Since summer has started ( I know it's only been 3 days) my kids have been bored. You see, while in Vegas we had people around all the time. Kids playing over, piano lesson kids in and out and the neighborhood kids were always at our house. Since moving to Utah my kids have been in withdrawls without friends around. The street we live on is mostly still the neighbors that were here when I was here...a little older crowd. However, there are some streets that have kids. So, I called one of the moms and asked if my kids could play. They were able to go over there yesterday. Literally, yelling at me about having to go over. They did have fun though. At night the kids on that street go out and play "Night Games". I told my kids (only Isabel and Mattison) to ride their scooters around the corner and they would find kids outside. Of course my kids protested. So I told them they had to or else they had to go to bed. When they left I yelled out "and you better not come back for at least an hour or until it is really dark!" Does that make me a bad mom?



Here is the funny thing....they came back awhile later all smiles. I asked if they had fun and they said they didn't even go over there. They went to the park instead. Tonight I told them I was taking them over to play "Night Games". I'll probably be dragging them by their hair, but we will make it there.

8 comments:

Janae&DonovanLott said...

They went to the park? Well, at least they were honest. It's going to get better.

B Flat Major said...

Poor kids. That's so sad to leave all your friends and go off to live in the land of the old. I mean, Land of the More Mature. :-(

No you're not a bad mom. I give my kids the "Fake Choices" all the time. You can do option A, which I want, or option B (such as go to bed at 7:30 or clean the bathroom, etc.), which no one would ever want. So weird how they always choose what I want!

Herrington's said...

If only the girls knew how much fun kick the can is! Or ghost in the graveyard, or no bears are out tonight, or whatever it is the kids play these days. I used to love night games. Maybe I'll start a group playing again in my neighborhood. After the baby is born of course!

Grandma Grace said...

I had never heard of night games until we moved here. Julie used to play it all the time. I hate it when my kids are bored and come and tell me and then expect me to find something for them to do.
GG

Cardalls said...

Drag them by the hair! My Mom had to force me to do things all the time that I didn't think I wanted to do (like go to a U of U volleyball camp...), sometimes they need a little nudge...or drag.

The Bischoff's said...

I bet after a couple of times going over they will love it! It just takes a bit to feel comfortable- I know the feeling though- our neighborhood is a little "older crowd" too. I guess it's better than not having neighbors close like we did in New Hampshire...

QnA Drapers said...

Man we miss you guys... When we moved here it took us a while to find kids in the neighborhood too! One day I saw some kids outside and told me kids to go out, they wouldn't unless I went and walked them up there. Here it is our 3rd summer here and we had a summer kick-off for all the kids in the neighborhood last night. It was pretty fun. I wish we lived closer!

VegasWatkins said...

Wow that is an awesome barbie collection!! We sure miss playing with your cute girls!! We still have a few weeks of school left then I am sure I will hear about the lack of fun. =>