Monday, May 11, 2009

Wishing we were swimming

I'm sitting up in Utah listening to my friends in Vegas tell horror stories of heat and turning on their Air Conditioning. It reminded me of this post and how I was so happy to be outside with the kids swimming. Now, I'm in the crazy Utah spring wishing that it were a little warmer and I could be out in the sun laying by a pool getting a tan. Instead, I'm just waiting for the heat so I can wear my capris. Luckily, by the end of this week it should be in the 80's, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be sporting those capris and tanning those legs.

Here are some fun pics of the kids swimming while we were in Florida. The pool wasn't heated and it wasn't too warm. That's why you don't see any pics of me. Uncle Mike was crazy enough to spend a lot of time in the pool with the kids.


















8 comments:

Cardalls said...

Meggy has graduated from the life jacket to water wings! Way to go Meggy boo!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I can't believe the kids swam in the pool. It was sooo cold! I didn't realize you took pictures of them swimming. I will have to make a few copies.

B Flat Major said...

Uncle Mike looks like he could use a little time tanning those legs too...Here's to the sun, and to uncles who are good sports!

Grandma Grace said...

I don't know if you remember how cold out pool was in Howe. It was usually about 70 degrees but you kids all swam in it and enjoyed it. Kids seem to be more resiliant.
GG

Herrington's said...

That water was cold!

Catherine said...

It may be cold, but that water still looks REALLY inviting. We were at the park all morning and the weather was perfect. I can't wait to take the kids swimming!

Lindsay said...

I'm not much for cold pools either...
Swimming is so fun...I'm so glad it's swimming season again. You are going to be loving the Utah summer soon...it is totally hot enough to swim all summer long, but not hot enough to feel like you are going to die every time you walk outside like here. WE should be jealous of YOU. :)

Rachael said...

I guess you always want what you don't have becuase I would take weather that I was still wearing jeans!!! Anytime you come to Vegas come lay out at our pool!