Sunday, May 24, 2009

Preschool Graduation

Is it really called preschool graduation when you are in the 3 year old class and going back to the 4 year old class the next year? I wouldn't think so, but that's what they called it.

Meg "graduated" from 3 year old class last Thursday. She is so funny. They put on a little program of songs and of course she just sat there looking around, not singing or doing anything. Why is it when my kids have to perform they suddenly become mute?
Here is Meg with her teachers Miss Gina and Miss Tana.
Cousin Ethan got in on the festivities.
And here is Meg during the perfomace. She has that constipated nervous look on her face.

Oh and FYI Matt, who obviously doesn't read this blog, no Meg is not going to kindergarten next year, and you should feel stupid for asking her that!


8 comments:

El Jefe said...

Hey! Wait a second. Isn't the name Meggy-Boo longer than Meg?

For the record, I call Logan the following:

Logey
Logbase
Rogey
Rogain
Kroger

So there you go. Not necessarily shorter than the name Logan, but the number of syllables are the same.

QnA Drapers said...

I guess time does go fast- but Im glad shes not in kindergarten yet! ;)

Cardalls said...

My kids get performance anxiety too. Garrett puts his hands over his face. I am so glad they are not ready for kindergarten yet! I'm not ready!

Herrington's said...

Ethan doesn't like to perform either. He wouldn't even get off my lap on Mother's Day when all the primary kids went up to the front to sing!

B Flat Major said...

I bought that same dress for Becca on clearance at Kohl's for $3.00!! I hope you got the same deal...I'm saving hers for next year because it's a 4 and it's too big. But I don't care, because did I mention it was $3.00???

It's pretty sad that Matt doesn't know how old people are when they start kindergarten. Or how old his own daughter is. Or both...but I agree, Matt is Pretty Sad.

VegasWatkins said...

Spencer starts Kindergarten this year and I am so not ready for it! I keep asking him if he would rather stay home but he is quick to inform me that he is ready to go!

The Ririe's said...

My kids do the same thing...it drives me crazy! I love the grad caps the kids are wearing..so cute!

Catherine said...

Emily did the same thing at the ward talent show. I thought she would be less nervous because we sang as a family, but she just stood there with her finger in her mouth. Of course when we're at home, she sings all the time with a spoon as her microphone. We rock out together to Carrie Underwood. It's awesome. ;)

PS) Are those paper hats? It's hard to tell. But they're darling. I would love to have some like for my preschool.