Monday, January 18, 2010

Sassy, Soccer, Skinnies and Spaghetti Tacos

Meg is pretty sassy and spunky. She steals my hats all the time and then requests that I take photos of her.


Isabel started indoor soccer. It is so great. Short games, lots of playing time, not having to sit outside in the hot or cold (depending on which season of outdoor soccer we are playing). She is having a great season so far...becoming a better passer and scoring goals.





Let me preface this story by saying that I swore I thought skinny jeans were LAME and that I wouldn't' wear them. However, with boots they just work better so I broke down and got some....to wear with boots. It's cold up here you know.
Today I was wearing my skinnies. The conversation with Mattison went like this.
Mattison: "Mom, are YOU wearing skinny jeans"
Me: "Yep, I am"
Mattison: "I hate it when people copy what I wear. Why do you have to have them?"
Me: "I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis Mattison, and I like them with boots."

The girls love i-Carly. They make Spaghetti tacos on there. It's real easy...hard taco shell stuffed with spaghetti noodles and sauce. Sounds disgusting, looks disgusting, but we made them tonight anyway. Surprisingly the girls loved them. All of them ate them, Mattison even had two. I opted for another option for dinner.


11 comments:

Stacey said...

love the boots and the skinny jeans

Rachael said...

How jealous I am that you are wearing Skinny jeans. If Alexis gave me a hard time I would just say, "JEALOUS???" Good for you.

Spaghetti tacos???? NASTY!!!

How I love soccer and wish Alexis would play it. She hated it when she played...too much running!

The Bischoff's said...

I totally agree about the skinny jeans.. they just work SO much better with boots! (Aubrey looks much cuter that I do in them, but whatever!!) Ü Maybe we will have to try the spaghetti tacos

Jeff and Julie said...

Just tell Mattison the skinny jeans are functional, they are NOT for fashion :)

Cardalls said...

I love how she thinks you were copying her..hilarious! I am sure you rock the skinny jeans...i'll pass! Gross on the spaghetti tacos! I love Meggy's sass..wonder who she got it from?

Catherine said...

So I'm curious, what did YOU eat while the girls had that interesting combo of spaghetti in a taco? ;)

Julie said...

That reminds me of the time Karen and I made cap'n crunch milkshakes in that same kitchen. The tacos actually sound good compared to that!
I didn't like skinny pants when I first saw them either, but they look great with the boots (and on you, not me). Those will be nice for your student who is distracted by butts.

Amy Asay Keele said...

Alright, Kristen!! You look hot in those skinnies, girl! And, what a cool mom you are ;-)

camran said...

LOVE that Mattison thinks you are copying her! LOVED your response even more! You are the Queen of Sass! And Isabel is rocking the indoor soccer - don't forget that I have dibs on her for next outdoor season!

VegasWatkins said...

I would totally eat something else YUCK! I love the idea of indoor soccer awesome!

lisa said...

Loved this post! I wish I could wear skinny jeans and boots! It rocks! You look great in them! Hope you are making it through your "mid life crisis"! You are so hilarious!