Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bad Words

It's true. I have a potty mouth. Sometimes I just can't help it. It's gotten worse over the last year. I use the excuse that I got divorced and I have a reason to use it. I think that when I hit my one year mark I am going to have to clean up my mouth. That's my goal anyway...but until then, I apologize to anyone who I have offended or will offend with my language.

Funny conversation at dinner though. Isabel says, "Mom is p-i-s-s-t (that is how she spelled it) a bad word". I mostly laughed from the way she spelled it. ha ha. Then Meg says "the 's' word is a bad word". So I say "Meg, what is the 's' word?" She wouldn't tell me. I think it's because she didn't really know it. She then proceeds to tell us that the "h" word and the "d" word are also bad. I'm just glad that she doesn't actually know what comes after the "h" the "d" and the "s" in those words, because I'm not going to lie....she has heard them all come out of my potty mouth.

8 comments:

B Flat Major said...

One time I was driving carpool and the bishop's 6 year old son announced that he "knows ALL the swear words." I laughed long and hard, but the kids didn't understand why I thought that was so funny!

QnA Drapers said...

Remember that mom in Vegas who said when she got mad sometimes she would spell C-R-A-P? I guess we all have things to work on! ;)
Your girls are lucky to have you- bad words and all!!

Cardalls said...

i am laughing hard right now! your girls are cute!

tavia said...

so we all slip up i am bad at saying the bad words i need to stop cause my kids are starting to call me on it!

Rachael said...

I use to be bad in HS...now thy don't come out unless I am low on sleep. Hmmmmm...maybe that is why they are revisiting me!

Karen said...

I am so offended by your potty mouth. I must get the bad words that slip out of me from you!

Grandma Grace said...

The biggest problem I have is that my language has declined due to words that I heard my kids use all the time. Not "swear" words but slang words I don't like.
GG

El Jefe said...

I come from a long and noble lineage of swear-ers. It's in the genes. Can't help it.